- RoboRAVE International is open to any group in grades 3-12 from ANYWHERE.
- Registration is OPEN until April 1, 2014, 6:00pm MST.
- $100/robot team - see pricing
Yes we need sponsors! Email Russ@gotoif.org
Schedule of events:
Thursday, May 1st
Noon – 5 p.m. - West side of the “Roboquerque Convention Center opens for check-in, practice, workshops and presentations
5:30 – 8:00 p.m. – International Meet and Greet; open to all associated with the event: teams, family members, volunteers, sponsors, staff, and journalists.
Friday, May 2nd
Noon – 8 p.m. – All teams must check in with their robots.
Noon – 5 p.m. – Pre-competition activities continue.
- Set up your PIT (Professionals In Training) area
- Practice on the competition tracks
- Qualify for Fire Fighting Competition. Failure to qualify on Friday will prevent you from competing Saturday!
- Attend short discussion sessions on robotics by Universities and others
- Attend teacher discussion sessions (shoptalks) on better ways to integrate robotics in education
- Share and help other teams
5:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. – Opening Ceremony, Ice Cream Social, Fast ‘Bot Competition; open to all associated to the event (teams, families, volunteers, sponsors, staff, etc.)
Bring a ‘FAST BOT’ for the fast bot challenge (no registration required - just be ready to run … fast and straight!)
8:00 p.m. – Fire Fighting Qualification closes and the doors are shut.
NOTE: All materials are locked in and secured overnight!
Saturday, May 3 – OPEN to the PUBLIC; tickets at the door
- 6:00 a.m. – Staff arrives
- 7:00 a.m. – Doors open for coaches, players, volunteers, and vendors; Continue coach and player check in.
- 7:45 a.m. – Doors open to the public – TICKETS REQUIRED – $10 FOR ADULTS (includes 2 kids under 18 FREE); Additional Kids – $2
- 8:00 a.m. – Greeting
- 8:20 a.m. – Parade to the competition area
- 8:30 a.m. – Teams compete for points. Robotovate teams demonstrate their designs.
- Noon – 12:50 – Lunch on your own. All tracks close. Points tallied to determine TOP 8 teams for division in each challenge (except Robotovate) to move to the afternoon tournaments.
- 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. - Tournaments
- 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. - Triathlon event and Robotovate voting ends.
- 3 -3:30 p.m. – Start packing up; get ready for Awards
- 3:30 – 4:30 p.m. -Awards Ceremony (KIVA Auditorium)
- 4:30-6:00 p.m. – Clean up and go sleep