May 3-4, 2013 at the Roboquerque Convention Center
- RoboRAVE International is open to any group in grades 3-12 from ANYWHERE.
- Registration is OPEN until April 1, 2013, 6:00pm MST.
- $50/robot team until Jan. 31, 2013;
- $100/robot team from Feb. 1 – Apr. 1, 2013
Schedule of events:
May 2nd (not open to the public)
- 6 – 8:00p – International Meet and Greet – by invitation only – 6p to 8p (NOT open to the public)
May 3rd (not open to the public)
- 12:00p – West side of the “Roboquerque Convention Center opens for coaches, players, and vendors
- 12 – 8:00p - Fire Fighting team qualification period
Failure to qualify on Friday will prevent you from competing Saturday!
- Coach & team check in
- Set up your PIT (professionals in training) area
- Practice on the competition tracks
- Attend short discussion sessions on robotics by Universities and others
- Attend teacher discussion sessions (shoptalks) on better ways to integrate robotics in education
- Share and help other teams
- 5:30 – 7:30p – Attend our famous ICE CREAM social – Open for all players, coaches, assistants, family, friends, volunteers, sponsors, etc…
- Bring a ‘FAST BOT’ for the fast bot challenge (no registration required – just be ready to run! Fast and straight!)
- 8:00p – Fire Fighting Qualification closes and the doors are shut!
- NOTE: All materials are locked in and secured overnight!
May 4th – OPEN to the PUBLIC; tickets at the door
- 6:00a – Staff arrives
- 7:00a – Doors open for coaches, players, volunteers, and vendors; Continue coach and player check in.
- 7:45a – Doors open to the public – TICKETS REQUIRED – $10 FOR ADULTS (includes 2 kids under 18 FREE); Additional Kids – $2
- 8:00a – Opening ceremony in the KIVA Auditorium
- 8:20a – Parade to the competition area
- 8:30a – Tracks open for teams to earn points; Run your robot when a track is open. Robotovate teams demostrate their designs till 1:00p – winners will be determined by VOTES cast by all attendees (public and players) BEST OF SHOW (sponsored by Century Link) determined by the most ‘BEST OF SHOW” votes!
- Noon – Lunch – on your own: All tracks closed; Points tallied to determine TOP 8 teams for each division (except Robotovate) in each challenge to move to the afternoon tournaments
- 1 – 1:30p – Single Elimination Tournament Format:
- Jousting Tournament -
- Top 8 Elementary School; Top 8 Middle School
- 1:30 – 2:00p – Single Elimination Tournament Format:
- Line Following Tournament
- Top 8 Elementary School; Top 8 Middle School; Top 8 High School
- 2:15p – 3:00p – Single Elimination Tournament Format:
- Fire Fighting Tournament
- Top 8 teams (Middle, High, and Big Kids are ONE division)
- 3 – 3:30p – Start packing up; get ready for Awards
- 3:30 – 4:30p – Awards Ceremony (KIVA Auditorium)
- 4:30-6:00p – Clean up and go sleep
Workshops for 2012-13 conclude April 6 in Rio Rancho at the ASK Academy for Fire Fighting Challenge – reservations are required by emailing Pam@gotoif.org
Workshops available for coaches and players. Email PAM@gotoif.org to get into one of our FREE workshops held around NEW MEXICO.
Yes, we need volunteers and SPONSORS; Email Russ at RUSS@gotoif.org.